As a Project Geotechnical Engineer with Ternan Energy you are a key member of our team, contributing to our growth and helping to drive the business forward.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage Projects (incl. Budgets, Resources, Client Liaison, Scope Delivery, QA) and at times working to supporting the Senior Geotechnical Engineer and other team members as required.
- Undertake conceptual and detailed foundation engineering and installation design for offshore wind farms and oil and gas facilities worldwide.
- Author and co-author Technical Documentation (such as desk-top studies, geotechnical calculations, leg penetrations, PSI, foundation design etc.) and Operational Documentation (risk assessments and method statements etc.).
- Support Business Development through Tender Preparation and Client Meetings.
- Provide Technical Assurance for projects involving a Geotechnical component. Utilising knowledge and expertise to ensure technical deliverables meet Client objectives.
- Ensure integration between the geotechnical and geophysical disciplines within the Company.
- Maintain high level of technical competency and personal development through background research, lessons learnt, conferences and technical publications.
- Author technical papers to maintain Company position as a leading integrated geoscience consultancy.
- Working with Senior Managers in support of geotechnical related content and to champion geotechnical capability within the Company proactively contributing to the technical development of the Group.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner. Maintain a high level of professional integrity, lead by example and act as an ambassador of the Company at all times.
The minimum requirements for the role are:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology or Geology.
- The ability to demonstrate at least 2-3 years of experience in geotechnical engineering and foundation design, and preferably on marine projects.
- A vision of how you intend to add value to our business.
- You will be chartered – or working towards chartership – through an appropriate organisation.
- The ability to demonstrate an established professional network in the marine geoscience industries.
The following would also be an advantage:
- A Master’s degree or Doctorate in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge of offshore design codes and industry practices.
- Field experience of marine site investigations.
- Experience of foundation design software such as PLAXIS, GRLWEAP, OPile, LPile etc.
- Knowledge and practical experience of GIS systems and a desire to work with these.
- Knowledge of geophysical surveys and interpretation.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our team. You will:
- Share our core values of integrity, hard work, honesty, curiosity and respect for others.
- Have a focus on technical excellence and appreciate the commercial issues of a business.
- Be inter-disciplinary in your outlook and strive to integrate geotechnical and foundation engineering with geophysics.
- Be able to demonstrate a desire and curiosity for continuing professional development.
- Be a team player but also be able to work independently at times.
- Be able to manage multiple workstreams and deadlines in what can be a high pressure environment.
Apply now using the button, or email your resume and cover letter directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Geotechnical Engineer
All Office Locations